The Visual Information Specialist is assigned to the Community and Public Relations section of the Office of the Director, Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System, New Orleans, LA. The Visual Information Specialist provides advice and direction to SLVHCS staff requesting design services for visual information materials intended to communicate and promote VA programs, research and projects.
Learn more about this agency Responsibilities
- Uses photo editing and page layout software to design and create manuals, pamphlets, handbooks, newsletters, slide presentations, flyers, Web pages, video productions, and other formats to construct professional-quality multimedia products.
- Prepares and installs the visual graphic elements of displays using various commercial art techniques, materials and tools to complete fabrication.
- Develops original designs for presentation materials meant to capture audience attention and evoke interest and comments in response to the presentation.
- Independently develops multimedia productions such as print media, newsletters, brochures, flyers, event programs, posters, displays, web graphics for intranet and internet postings, and video productions for SLVHCS events, trainings, conferences and meetings.
- Has a working knowledge of digital professional SLR cameras to capture still images of various events to be used in print and media formats.
- Uses professional video cameras to record and video edit final movie files of events to be used for recruitment, employee and patient education and awareness via DVDs or web movie files. Ensures patient consent has been obtained for medical photography and video.
- Coordinates with customers submitting visual information requests to ensure the most efficient and cost effective method(s) of satisfying customer needs.
- Establishes and maintains customer service tracking system to ensure prompt action and follow up through final resolution.
7:30 - 4:00 PM, Monday - Friday; Additional hours as mission needs dictate. Telework:
Not Available Virtual:
This is not a virtual position. Position Description/PD#: Visual Information Specialist/
PD629-06944-0 Relocation/Recruitment Incentives:
Not Authorized Financial Disclosure Report:
About this company
Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System (SLVHCS) provides quality, compassionate, safe health care to Veteran patients throughout 23 parishes in southeast Louisiana.
By working for the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, you’ll have access to a wider range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Residents of Greater New Orleans enjoy one of the highest qualities of life in the United States. While we are known to enjoy many of the best restaurants in the world, more than 300 festivals, vibrant nightlife, not to mention Mardi Gras, that's just the beginning of what we have to offer. We treasure family and community, our children have access to high-quality education, we enjoy an incredible abundance of the arts, and so much more!
Here at Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System, we strive to be an efficient organization through continual process improvement and orderliness by eliminating waste in everything we do. We are generating a Lean environment of abundance and ownership, enabling us to become "one team creating the perfect patient experience"so that we may honor Veterans and their families.
We're in the process of constructing and activating a new medical center that will serve as a model for health care of the future and set the standards for patient-centered care, flexibility and sustainability. It will be a level one, 200 bed tertiary care regional referral center that is projected to serve 70,000 enrolled Veterans. The new medical center will be approximately 1.6 million square feet, with two additional 1,000-car garages for both patients and staff on a 30-acre site in New Orleans. The facility has been designed to meet the full array of VA missions: health care to America's heroes, education, research and national preparedness. It will authentically reflect the culture of the region and be the cornerstone for the emerging biosciences industry in New Orleans. You can help us build from the ground up. Create history with us and join our team!
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA