County of Warren, Pennsylvania
* The position requires a High School Diploma or GED.
The County of Warren, Pennsylvania is seeking team-oriented and self-motivated person(s) to work in a dynamic and professional atmosphere within the County's 9-1-1 call center, located near Youngsville, Pennsylvania.
This position offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity for incumbents to provide the community with 24/7/365 professional, efficient emergency response to all emergencies - to include fire, police, and emergency medical services.
Essential Job Skills:
* The position requires excellent delivery of customer service, to internal and external agencies / customers.
* The position requires the ability to effectively communicate over the telephone and radio during stressful and/or routine calls for service.
* Candidate must be able to successfully pass the criti-call pre-employment call taking/dispatching testing program, in addition to acceptable completion of audio and drug testing.
* Candidate must possess basic computer literacy skills.
* Satisfactory completion of class work and associated examinations / tests / quizzes / coursework is a prerequisite for continuation of paid training for this position.
* Candidate must have ability / flexibility to work holidays, weekends, and unscheduled overtime on all shifts.
* Although not required, the ideal candidate will have emergency services experience or prior dispatch experience.
Warren County offers a robust benefits package including sick leave, paid holidays and paid vacation. Health care benefits include vision, dental and a medical plan from Blue Cross / Blue Shield. Warren County benefits also include a retirement/pension plan with both employee and employer contributions.
Starting Salary: $16.50/HR, $18.00 after 1 year of employment
TO APPLY: A County job application and complete job description package is available at the Warren County Courthouse, HR Department.
Interested candidates should request/submit a County job application, including proof of minimum requirements to:
Kim Exley, HR Administrator, 204 4th Ave, Warren PA
Warren County is an equal opportunity employer and will consider applications for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status.
provided by The Warren Times-Observer
Location/Region: Warren, PA (16365)