Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.
Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a full time Licensed Mental Health Professional (LCSW, LPC) to join our healthcare team at Polk County Department of Detention located in Bartow & Frostproof, FL.
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- Provision of full range social work services to assigned patients to include psycho-social assessment, group, family, and individual therapy, discharge planning and all services to be documented in patient's medical record.
- Participation in treatment team activities on assigned unit to include development and periodic review of patient treatment record.
- Provision of crisis intervention services upon staff or patient self-referral
- Coordination of aftercare planning for patients appropriate for discharge from the facility.
- Participation in unit morning report
- Preparation of reports and records as requested.
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- Licensed in Maryland as either a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Professional Counselor (LPC) or a Psychological Examiner (LPE)
- At least 2 years of experience in providing social work services in an inpatient psychiatric facility.
- Possess good interpersonal communication skills. Able to effectively interact with institutional staff, medical staff, and outside agencies.
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- 401(k) with company match
- Free online Continuing Education program
- Comprehensive Onboarding
- Mentor and Preceptor Programs
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
Location/Region: Frostproof, FL, US